R java not updating automatically
I cleaned my project and changed my project files name. When i clean the project nothing happens and my /gen/ folder is still empty.
I was trying to show u guys an image of the situation but unfortunately i cant due to my low reputation. The problem is that your layout files contain uppercase letters, which is prohibited. Were you trying to use the Compatability libraries?
Every Android developer has run into this issue on more than one occasion: One minute everything is working fine, the next minute Eclipse is lit up like a Christmas tree.
Whenever your project has failed to generate the R file, turning Eclipse "auto imports" and "auto organize inputs on save" options off is a must (don't worry — you don't have to leave these options permanently disabled).
Before you even look at the problem pane, you probably know that you are going to see "R cannot be resolved." This is one of the most frustrating and common issues with the Android development platform.
If you don't believe me, google the subject — you'll find pages of developers asking for help and others offering to help solve this infuriating problem.
I know this sounds obvious, but you'd be surprised at how often this is the cure.
In particular, if you recently refactored something like a package name, many times just a clean will get you back up and running.